Monday, September 3, 2012

Bitten by the travel bug


  • Rome this weekend (September 6th to the 9th)! My train (the train ticket kiosk is picture above), Vatican, St. Peter's Basilica, Colosseum, etc tickets have all been booked.
  • Munich at the end of the month for Oktoberfest (September 21st to the 23rd). Long story short, one of my roommates, Maddie went back to America and she had booked her trip to Munich with Olivia, my other roommate, well in advance. Since she left, Olivia couldn't go by herself, so I'll be tagging along! 
  • We're currently working out the kinks for our trip to the Amalfi Coast, which we're planning for October 5th to the 7th. 
  • We (Olivia and I) booked our flights to Barcelona last night, for October 12th to the 14th! I didn't know whether to scream or cry out of excitement (I'm sure it was an awkward mixture of both), because I didn't think I'd ever see that day come. We'll be staying at the HelloBCN Hostel and we've been reading up on how to use the metro system and what places to visit. Since I've wanted to go for a while, I already have everything laid out and Olivia was like, "Girl, this is your trip, we'll do whatever you want!" She's down to see the Camp Nou stadium too, because her close friend is very much into soccer like myself. 
  • Cinque Terre is on the list as a day trip (or a one night stay) for the weekend of October 26th or 27th. It's about an hour away from us, thank goodness, because traveling is not cheap!
  • Paris will probably be the last place I visit, if not London or Austria, and it's probably going to be torture trying to plan that one (it took us around 3-4 hours just getting Barcelona planned). Some of the kids who've went through this study abroad program were able to visit as many as 9 countries while they were here, but they went during the spring and had spring break. I would love to visit that many, but with my course load, I'm not so sure it's doable right now. Flight prices are also a little higher in the fall, with Thanksgiving and Christmas being major holidays. 
  • I'm so excited to finally be able to see all of these amazing places. It's so strange to know that 2 weeks ago, I was boarding a plane to Italy and now I'm all settled in and getting used to life here. I'm so thankful for this opportunity and I'm impressed with my own abilities to adapt to new places so quickly (especially considering this is my first time living on my own), because I was worried I would be really homesick. So far, so good! 
** I've been pretty swamped with school work and sight seeing, but the joust festival was yesterday and it was absolutely amazing, I cannot wait to post details and pictures about that!

1 comments:

Darianne said...

I'm so jealous! That's it. I'm booking a flight to somewhere. Italy, Paris, London, Germany, somewhere for a week.

Post a Comment