Thursday, April 19, 2012

My first time out of the house

and it just so happens to be out of the country. My mom and I were joking around today and she said, "You've been with us since you were born and the first time you leave, it isn't into a dorm room for school or anything. You didn't take a small step, you practically jumped off the bridge and into the water of another country!" This conversation followed right after I told her I got my housing questionnaire for living arrangements in Italy. Single room? Double room with someone else? Home-stay with an Italian family? So many options to choose from, all with limited availability. My mom, being the paranoid woman that she is, wants me to pick the single room. "What if someone tries to steal your things? Your camera or your mone--what if they pick fights with you? What if it gets out of hand and something bad happens???~~!!!?" She hasn't even seen The Roommate and she's already nervous. I can definitely see where I get my worrying side from. I got the e-mail on my phone before math and my laptop was out in seconds so I could fill out the form. This is all just so....unbelievable. As if finally living on my own isn't exciting enough, the fact that my apartment will be in Italy is enough to send my mind into a whirlwind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment